Save up to 75%
Get a Free Insurance Quote Now!
Getting Cheaper Life Insurance Rates
The cost of life insurance is going to vary significantly from one person to the next. Getting cheaper life insurance means buying the policy as early as you can, shopping for a company you can count on, and taking proactive steps to make insuring less risky. Here is a short list of discounts and other ways you can get cheaper life insurance.
- Sooner is Better The sooner you purchase a life insurance policy, the more you can save on the cost of the policy. Because a life insurance policy is based on your life expectancy, a difference of only a few years can make a big difference in the premiums.
- Personal Habits and Diet? Your personal habits will also play a part in getting you cheaper life insurance. Quit smoking, take up a regular fitness program, and start playing a proactive role in your lifestyle and habits. Your diet is equally important, because what you eat will have an effect on your physical and mental health.
- Your Occupation? What you do for a living will have a big impact on your life insurance rates. For instance, those who work in an office building have a higher life expectancy than someone who works at an oil field, and the cost of insuring the two priced to match the risks.
- Marital Status and Life Insurance? Single people pay more for life insurance than a married person would pay. The rationale is that a married person is more responsible, both in their health and financial matters, and that equates to less risk for the insurance company.
- CLUE Report? Your CLUE report is a record of the insurance claims you have filed. If your CLUE report reflects a higher than average amount of activity, then your premiums will be higher to compensate for the potential of more claims from you than might be filed by someone else.
- Credit Score? Your credit score is how an insurance company determines your financial stability. Before you apply for coverage, check your credit score and take any steps that are necessary to bring your score up to at least 650.
- Think About Potentially Risky Activities? Some activities increase the risks associated with your life insurance policy. For example, if you scuba dive or sky dive, you could face higher rates than people who do not participate in such risky activities. For life insurance, the more willing you may be to put your life in danger, the higher the costs of insuring you will be.
- Multiple Policy Discounts Another way to get cheaper life insurance is to purchase the policy from a company that has written other policies for you. By having multiple insurance policies with the same company, you effectively lower the risks associated with all policies, and that means the insurance company will give you an across the board discount on your insurance premiums.
- Compare Quotes from Multiple Companies Shopping for the best rates is still the best way to get cheaper life insurance. By comparing rates online, you can see how one company's rates compare with several others at a glance. It is still important to check the company's financial rating, and look for any other discounts that are available, but just shopping online can save you a lot of money on life insurance.